Many health problems can be attributed to lack of sleep and put you at risk of the following:
- Auto accidents as well as on the job injury. There are approximately 100,000 auto accidents in the U.S. each year due to sleep deprivation.
- Lack of sleep slows down cognitive thinking which doesn’t allow you to solve problems, being alert, as well as having sound reasoning.
Many health problems can be attributed to lack of sleep and put you at risk for
Heart Attack, Hypertension, Stroke, Diabetes, Advanced aging of the skin, and Depression.
Lack of sleep lowers sexual libido in men and women. Testosterone levels will be depressed in males.
Get Sleep Easily and Enjoy The Benefits of Sound Sleep!
- -Decreased medical conditions
- -Better control of your weight
- -Helps to boost your immune system
- -Improves your memory
- -Increase in sex drive
- – Increases your pain threshold for those of you that have chronic pain.
To get adequate sleep for those of you that have sleep issues, you must first answer the following questions to see where your problem lies. Are there any other health conditions that could be causing my sleep problems? What do you think is the underlying cause?
- Could any of my current medications, vitamins, or supplements be interfering with my ability to fall asleep?
- How will you determine if I have a sleep disorder?
- Will my sleep problem or disorder have any short-term or long-term effects on my overall health?
- Are there any other lifestyle factors I can change to help with this problem?
- How many hours of sleep do I need at night?
Some of you have conditioned yourself over the years to have the following anxieties before sleep.
Do you have a problem going to sleep and staying asleep?
Do you go to sleep and wake up intermittently throughout the evening?
Does your mind race consistently throughout the night leaving you to sleep deprived and fatigued in the morning?
When having all or some of the chronic problems ahead, it may be sometimes necessary to undergo a Bio-Nutritional Evaluation to determine your health status on a physical, nutritional and emotional level. As you can see, there can be several factors that cause you to have poor sleep. You can get sleep easily when you take into consideration all causative factors. Our brain functions on Theta and Delta waves which promote sound sleep, but through physical and emotional health disorders, these waves can be altered in frequency and amplitude causing you not to engage in restful sleep. Sometimes, the neurotransmitters in the brain which consists of serotonin, dopamine, acetylcholine etc. can have depleted levels causing irregular sleep patterns.
Are there any other lifestyle factors I can change to help with my sleep problem?
- There are electromagnetic fields in your house. They are called ELF waves which are not good to be exposed to. Your head when sleeping should be facing the east or if not possible face the south.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Avoid drugs and alcohol that depress the central nervous system
- Increase cardiovascular exercise to 40 minutes per day
- Try Meditation or some form of relaxation technique using Cd’s
- At night eat more vegetables and lower protein content of the meal. The protein makes the body expend a lot of energy for digestion.
Hints to get sleep easily and keep it that way!
One hour before bedtime, have a protein shake which will help your neurotransmitters to function and make a more profound sleep.
-No flush Niacin taken at night has been reported to have a sedative effect and helps to promote serotonin synthesis. Take 45 minutes before bedtime.
-Sleep Time Tea – drink a cup ½ hour before bedtime
Magnesium Gluconate 600 mg 45 minutes before bedtime.
These are some hints to get sleep easily but if you are still having a problem you may need further professional help and evaluation with specific sleep products and recommendations for your condition. Please contact us for a free sleep consultation