Tips for Constipation
There is nothing worse than being constipated and that’s a sign that something is wrong with the natural digestion within your body. There are many conditions and causes of constipation and not all are sinister. It could be a simple case of stress or an unhealthy diet. So think about these things before you go diving into the internet and worrying yourself half to death. Read these tips for constipation to get you moving again.
Follow These Healthy Tips For Constipation
1. Triphala powder consists of three fruits – Amla or Indian gooseberry. It is a great laxative and helps to regulate digestion and bowel movements. You can either have one teaspoon with warm water or mix the powder with honey. Having this mixture either before going to bed or early in the morning on an empty stomach can relieve constipation almost instantaneously. The advantage of this powder is that it is not habit forming and a completely natural alternative to chemical laxatives.
2. Raisins are packed with fiber and act as great natural laxatives. Soak a handful in water overnight and have them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This remedy also works wonders for pregnant woman, without the side effects of medication.
3. Guavas have soluble fiber in the pulp and insoluble fiber content in the seeds. They also help with the mucus production in the anus and with peristalsis (a series of contractions within the intestinal lining that helps the passage of food in the stomach).
4. Lemon juice A warm glass of water with lemon and salt, first thing in the morning not only acts as a cleansing agent for the intestines, the salt content helps in quick and easy passage of stool. All you need to do is mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in a glass of warm water. Add a pinch of salt to the solution. Drink this juice on an empty stomach to relieve constipation.
5. Figs either dried or ripe, are packed with fiber. For relief from constipation, boil a few figs in a glass of milk, drink this mixture at night before bed. Make sure the mixture is warm when you drink it. Using a whole fruit for this purpose is much better as compared to syrups that are available commercially.
6. Flax seeds are known for their fiber content, and can very well help you when it comes to constipation. You can mix flax seeds in your cereal every morning or just have a handful with warm water early in the morning.
7. Castor oil has been used for centuries as a sure shot remedy for constipation and has properties that can kill intestinal worms. If drinking a spoon of castor oil alone is not something you’d like to do, you could add a tablespoon of it in a warm glass of milk. Have this mixture at night before bed to relieve constipation.
8. Spinach has properties that cleanse, rebuild and renew the intestinal tract. You can have about 100 ml of spinach juice mixed with an equal quantity of water twice daily. This home remedy is the most effective method to cure even the most stubborn cases of constipation.
9. Oranges are not only a great source of Vitamin C but also have a large amount of fiber content. Eating two oranges every day, once in the morning and once in the evening can provide great relief from constipation.
10. Seed mixtures with 2-3 sunflower seeds, a few flax seeds, or sesame seeds and almonds ground together to a fine powder can help relieve constipation. Have one tablespoon of this mixture everyday, for a week. You can add it to your salad or cereal every morning. This mixture not only provides the necessary fiber content to relieve constipation but it also helps in rejuvenating the intestinal walls.
Diet tips to avoid constipation:
In order to avoid and cure constipation, it is essential that you maintain healthy food habits. Here are a few changes you could make in your diet to cure constipation:
- Avoid foods that contain white flour like white sugar and other processed foods.
- Eat light regular meals, and make sure you eat at least 3-4 hours before you go to bed.
- Include fruits and vegetables into your daily diet.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water every day. Make sure you have a glass of warm water every morning and before you go to bed.
Following these tips for constipation will help to balance out your diet and get some regularity back into your system.